WARSAW, N.Y. — Join us for an Introduction to Beekeeping with Genesee Valley Apiaries’ Dan Chasey!
The following topics will be covered:
- Basic equipment, startup costs, tools
- Beginner information—make an informed decision on keeping bees. Equipment, treatments, and picking either a package or a nuc.
- Pros and Cons of packages VS nucs.
- Where to buy packages or nucs.
- When to plan for populating your hives
- Basic first inspections.
WHEN: Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 6:00pm
WHERE: Cornell Cooperative Extension Wyoming County, Ag & Business Center, 36 Center Street, Suite B, Warsaw, NY 14569
Cost: $10/person or $5/person for CCE Enrollees
For questions: contact Debra Welch, Cornell Cooperative Extension Wyoming County (585) 786-2251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register: contact Lisa at 585-786-2251 ext. 123 or email email@example.com, or register online at: https://reg.cce.cornell.edu/WyomingCoBeginnerBeekeepers_256
Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by calling (585) 786-2251 no later than ten days prior to the event to ensure sufficient time to make arrangements. Requests received after this date will be met when possible.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension Wyoming County
For more articles out of New York, click here.