ATHENS, Pa. — What is Workers’ Compensation Insurance? Workers’ compensation insurance is a federally mandated, state regulated insurance program that protects your business if an employee gets injured or becomes ill as a result of work-related activities. Workers’ compensation insurance is intended to help workers get back on their feet and back to work by providing benefits to employees such as paying medical bills, covering lost wages, rehabilitation, retraining, and more.
Why do I need workers compensation insurance? There are many injuries that are unique to the ag industry. Because of the nature of these injuries, the role of workers’ compensation insurance can be complex but is vital to this industry. That’s why purchasing workers’ compensation insurance through Agri-Services Agency ensures you and your employees are protected correctly – we’re cooperative owned and ag focused.
It is important to remember, even if your state does not require that you carry workers compensation insurance, you are still required to cover expenses if an employee sustains a work-related injury. Carrying workers’ compensation insurance protects your company from the potentially overwhelming costs associated with work related accidents or an employee filed lawsuit.
How can Agri-Services Agency (ASA) Help?
There are several ways that ASA can help you manage your workers’ compensation insurance needs and requirements.
- Ag-focused – For 50 years Agri-Services Agency has focused solely on the agriculture industry. We are committed to supporting the values of the farms and businesses we insure. Because we are focused on agriculture, we understand the risks involved with your business and can make sure you are covered correctly at a competitive price.
- Risk Analysis and Loss Control – Our OSHA certified loss control team will visit your farm to identify hazards, review procedures, offer corrective actions and help implement effective controls to minimize the risk of injury to your employees. In many cases, businesses pay third parties for this service, for our customers, this service is free to our customers.
- Safety Training – Agri-Services Agency offers a safety training program to help develop a strong culture of on-farm safety.
- Claims Management – Our claims management approach is to keep the overall cost of your claim down and resolve cases quickly. We work with third-party administrators but manage all aspects of the claims process and ensure claims are resolved correctly and your needs are met in a timely manner.
- Regulatory Compliance Assistance – Because we are experts in workers’ compensation and focus on agriculture, we stay on top of regulations that may affect you. In doing so, we ensure that you remain compliant and protected.
- Customer Service – If you need to talk to us, we offer 24/7 customer service. When you call our Customer Service Center, you will get an actual person not an automated service.
For more information, please feel free to contact your local agent in the Southwest region, Michael Hess. Mike is a licensed property and casualty insurance agent and is certified as an Agribusiness and Farm Insurance Specialist (AFIS). With Mike’s extensive knowledge of agriculture insurance and focus on the Southwest region, he can serve as a trusted resource to keep your business protected and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don’t hesitate to contact Sean if you have any questions or would like more information. You can reach Sean at 607-425-1330 or by e-mail (Sean.Beirne@agri-servicesagency.com). You can also contact our Customer Service Center at 877-466-9089 to discuss your insurance needs or visit www.agri-servicesagency.com for additional information.