GRANTON, Wis. — The Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association, Inc. is conducting two major fund-raising events as a prelude to the upcoming 40th annual state convention and business meeting later this month in Waukesha. First is an online auction that is currently running and will close at 7:30 PM, January 31. This auction features several agricultural items and a few non-agriculture options. The list of auction items available include:
- Kondex Corp. Lomira, WI has donated a Concave that will fit most rotary combines. The KX7 concaves will improve fuel economy as well as improve grain quality. There will be tech support from Kondex as well. The value of this item is $4-6000, depending on the model of combine.
- RCI Engineering/Ag-Bag of Mayville, WI is donating an Ag-Bag, any size up to 14×500 ft. It can be picked up at any Ag-Bag Dealer in WI. Value up to $1850.
- From Animart comes a $50 gift certificate, a cooler, water bottle and other goodies. Value $100.
- Youth Livestock, c/o Craig Henderson, has provided an assortment of women’s and men’s gloves that sport the FFA emblem. These will be sold in 2 lots, 1 for women and 1 for man.
- Leedstone Animal Health is providing 2 lots, each containing a Leedstone hoodie sweatshirt, any size, paired with a $25 gift card good for Leedstone merchandise. This will be shipped to the buyer, direct from Leedstone.
- Genex Cooperative has donated one pail of Udder Life Optishield Teat Sealant. The successful bidder can pick this item up from any Genex Sales Rep. At 144 count, this product has a value of $280.
- Renk seed is graciously donating 6 bags of seed corn. You get to pick from ALL of their seed corn varieties! The successful bidder can take possession at any Renk seed dealer in Wisconsin. Value; $1800+.
- We have a donation from Vita Plus Corporation of a $100 gift certificate to Cedar Lodge Restaurant, Malone, WI. In addition, it includes a$25 Kwik Trip gas card to help get you there.
- We have a unique 2020 Ryders Cup Package, for the major PGA golf event happening at Whistling Straits in Kohler, WI. It includes 2 grounds passes for Wednesday practice round, as well as, complimentary parking. The value of this experience, happening right here in our state, is priceless! The date is Wednesday September 23.
- Neogen has donated a Beef Genomics Package that includes10 Igenity Beef tests, 10 Tissue Sampling Units and 1 Tissue Sampling Applicator. Value of $357
- Neogen has also donated a Dairy Genomics Package that includes 10 Igenity Select Dairy Tests (including CDCB Charges that are covered up to $5 per test), 10 Tissue Sampling Units and 1 Tissue Sampling Applicator. Value of $ 497.
- Heritage Animal Health has donated a lot which includes 1 pair of Reed Glacier Insulated Boots (12″ or 16″ height), 1 Heritage Animal Health beanie hat with LED light (safety yellow color), 1 Heritage Animal Health t-shirt and 1 Heritage Animal Health insulated tumbler.
- Ralco Corporation has donated One pail of Fight Strong Uterine Balance Boluses. Value $307.
This online auction is open to the public and can be found at https://www.auctionbyobrien.com/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?obrien19/category/ALL. Bidding information can also be found at that page.
The state Alumni Association is also hosting a raffle fundraiser, with the drawing to be held on January 31, 2020 at 8:30 PM at the convention. Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. Checks can be written out to “Wisconsin FFA Alumni”. Note: By law, you must be 18 years old to purchase tickets. Registered felons are NOT PERMITTED to purchase this ticket. Any gun winner must meet Federal Firearm Regulations!
- 1st Prize- Henry Golden Boy .22 cal rifle custom engraved with the FFA Alumni logo and 40th anniversary convention logo. Donated by Bill’s Sporting Goods in Lomira or $400 cash
- 2nd Prize- 16 Bird Pheasant Hunt, includes sporting clays, cart and lunch for 4. Donated by Wild Wings Sportsmen’s Club in Campbellsport or $400 cash
- 3rd Prize- Stoger 12 ga Over/Under shotgun- Donated by Larry Lader, Clinton or $300 cash
- 4th Prize- Stevens Model 320 12 ga pump shotgun- donated by Ozaukee Guzzlers-Northern Chapter, Tomahawk or $200 cash
- 5th Prize- Fishing Equipment Package- 2 rods and reels, complete tackle box and accessories donated by Midwest Shooters Supply, Lomira or $200 cash.
People interested in tickets can contact their local FFA Alumni Chapter, any Wisconsin FFA Alumni Council members (found at https://wisconsinaged.org/alumni/council-directory/) or contact Executive Director Cheryl Steinbach at email@example.com
All funds raised by the Association will be used to provide leadership conference scholarships or grants for the Agriculture Education departments and FFA chapters.
— Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association
For more news from Wisconsin, click here.