COCKEYSVILLE, Md. — Interested in starting a farm? Meeting other beginner farmers? Learning from farmer mentors? Then this series of workshops is for you.
We are just a few days away from starting our very first session of the Winter Workshop Series. The Winter Workshop Series is a 10-part series geared towards beginning farmers and organized to provide an overview of the topics, skills and resources new farmers need to begin a successful, sustainable, small-farm of their own.
The series begins Wednesday at 6:30 and goes to 9 p.m. and runs for 10 consecutive Wednesday evenings. Attend the whole series for $60, or individual sessions for $10 each. There are several different options for attending the winter workshop series this year:
1) Baltimore County, MD Series. Register HERE.
**NOTE ON LOCATION: For the Baltimore County series, the first two weeks of class we will be meeting:
- On Wednesday, we will meet at Oregon Ridge Lodge. The address is 13401 Beaver Dam Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030.
- On Jan. 31, we will meet at the Vista Room of the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Lutherville-Timonium.
- On Feb. 7, and the rest of the series, will be held at the Baltimore County Ag Center, at 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD.
2) Washington, DC Series
- Location: University of the District of Columbia (Van Ness Campus), 4200 Connecticut Ave, NW, Building 44, Room 219, Washington, DC 20008
- All of the DC sessions will be a live, group webcast of the Baltimore County series. There will be live introductory speakers from the DC farming community. Register for the DC sessions HERE.
3) Delmarva Series
- Location: Chesapeake College, 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD 21679
- Several of these sessions will feature live speakers from the ag community on Delmarva; the remaining sessions will be a live, group webcast of the Baltimore County series.
- If you plan to attend sessions at the Delmarva site, please register HERE.
—University of Maryland Extension,
Future Harvest CASA,
and University of the District of Columbia