LAMBERTON, Minn. — The University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center (SWROC) will hold their annual Winter Crops & Soils Day program on Wednesday, Feb. 2 at the Southwest Research and Outreach Center, 23669 130th Street, Lamberton, MN. A webinar broadcast of the program will also be available.
This public event highlights current University of Minnesota research that is specific to southern Minnesota. University researchers will present on current research and ways to improve agriculture as well as answer questions. Presentations and speakers include:
- Grain yield, soil profile water content, and leaf temperature in response to excess and deficit water stress – Jeff Strock, Southwest Research & Outreach Center Soil Scientist
- When to surrender to corn rootworms and other deep thoughts – Bruce Potter, University of Minnesota Extension IPM Specialist
- Planting green for enhanced cover crop benefits and environmental stewardship in corn – soybean production – Axel Garcia y Garcia, Southwest Research & Outreach Center Sustainable Cropping System Specialist
- Nutrient deposition from rain and snow fall – Paulo Pagliari, Southwest Research & Outreach Center Nutrient Management Specialist
- Corn and Soybean Weed Management – Tom Hoverstad, Southern Research & Outreach Center Scientist
- Improving Fertilizer ROI in 2022 – Jeff Vetsch, Southern Research & Outreach Center Scientist
The program begins at 9 a.m. and will conclude at 12:15 p.m. There is no cost to attend this event. Registration for those who plan to attend in person will begin at 8:30 a.m. To register for the webinar, visit z.umn.edu/swroc-wcsd. Continuing education units for certified crop advisers have been applied for.
Winter Crops & Soils Day is sponsored by the University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center, College of Food, Agricultural & Natural Resource Sciences, and Extension. For questions about the event, please contact the SWROC at 507-752-7372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information may be found on the SWROC at https://swroc.cfans.umn.edu.
— University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center