ITHACA, N.Y. — Cornell Cooperative Extension’s South Central NY Area Dairy & Field Crops Team presents its annual Winter Crop Meeting on Tuesday, January 29th, at the Clarion Inn, 2310 N. Triphammer Rd., Ithaca, NY. This meeting provides a winter-time gathering and update of current topics for area dairy and field crop farmers and a delicious hot buffet lunch.
When: Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Where: Clarion Inn (Formerly Ramada Inn)
2310 N. Triphammer Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
Time: Trade Show 9:30am, Program 10:00am-3:30pm
Cost: $30, Includes Lunch
The day starts at 9:30am with a Trade Show of agricultural and crop supply businesses. The program begins at 10:00 am. This meeting will feature the following Speakers and Topics:
- Know Your Yields! Importance of Accurate Yield Record for (Nitrogen) Management of Corn. Dr. Quirine Ketterings and Karl Czymmek, Nutrient Management SPEAR Program & PRO-DAIRY
- Evaluating Progress in Alfalfa and Grass Quality Management. Dr. Jerry Cherney, Crops and Soil Section in the School of Integrative Plant Science. Cornell University
- Crop Insurance Update: Dairy Revenue Protection, Fay Benson. Extension Educator
- 2018 Silage Variety Trial Results. Janice Degni, Extension Field Crops Specialist
- Corn Insert Management Updates addressing corn rootworm and the role of nematodes for control and Western bean cutworm. Dr. Elson Shields, Dept. of Entomology, Cornell University
CCA and 1.5 DEC pesticide recertification credits available. The cost of this workshop including lunch is $30.00. Pre-registration is requested by January 28, 2018. To register call Shannon at 607.391.2662 or online at https://scnydfc.cce.cornell.edu. Questions contact Janice Degni at 391-2672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension
For more articles out of New York, click here.