EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. — With open enrollment right around the corner, now is a good time to remember why offering health insurance to your employees is a good idea:
- Offering health insurance benefits to your staff can help ensure a stable and motivated workforce and lower turnover rates. By investing in your employees and offering health insurance, you are showing them that you have their best interests in mind and value their job performance. This can help you to build a tight knit team that will stay for years.
- Productivity improvements have been seen when employees have health coverage. When they are covered, employees are more likely to go for preventive services or see a doctor when sick. Health insurance coverage allows your employees to be healthier, return to work quicker, and stay on the job.
- As the labor market gets more competitive, it can be difficult to attract and keep good employees. Employees see value in health insurance benefits and it gives them a reason to choose you versus a competitor.
- Health insurance benefits can also increase morale throughout your staff and generate a positive culture. When employees feel valued, they are more likely to have a good attitude and be more positive at work.
- There is also a potential tax benefit to offering health insurance; you may be able to deduct your health plan contributions. This is not always the case and we recommend that you speak with a financial or legal advisor before taking advantage of this possible tax benefit.
Offering health insurance benefits to your staff is a great way to attract qualified skilled workers, decrease turnover rates, and increase morale and productivity. There are many options and factors to consider that could make the process seem overwhelming or confusing. A representative from Agri-Services Agency can help guide you through the complexities of health insurance. Give us a call today at 1-877-466-9089 or visit our website at www.agri-servicesagency.com for more information on what we can offer. You can also click here to fill out a form and request additional information.