Update: The Tryon meeting for the West Central Cattlemen has been rescheduled from January 15 to February 12. The program will be at the same location and time.
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. — Nebraska Extension will be hosting a series of winter meetings for cattle producers in seven locations across western Nebraska. The program is designed to help producers evaluate management practices that could improve their bottom line. Extension Specialists and Educators will discuss a variety of topics including heifer development, nutritional considerations during cold weather, benchmarking and measuring costs, considerations for retained ownership, parasite control, and more.
Dates and locations include:
- January 22nd – Brady, NE, Community Center, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CST, (308) 532-2683 or email@example.com
- February 12th – Tryon, NE, McPherson County Fairgrounds, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CST, (308) 345-3390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 3rd – Ogallala, NE, Mid-Plains Community College, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. MST, (308) 532-2683 or email@example.com
- February 4th – Culbertson, NE, Hitchcock County Fairgrounds, 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CST, (308) 334-5666 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 6th – Loup City, NE, Community Center, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CST, (308) 745-1518 or email@example.com
- February 18th – Franklin, NE, Franklin County Fairgrounds, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CST, (308) 425-6277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 25th – Alma, NE, Alma Country Club, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CST, (308) 928-2119 or email@example.com
Please register at the local Extension office one week prior to the event for a meal count. Cost to attend varies based on location.
— Erin Laborie, Nebraska Extension Educator
For more news from Nebraska, click here.