EDITOR’S NOTE: This press release has been updated from a version published on June 8, 2021 to include a recording of the webinar.
LAMBERTON, Minn. — Pesticide resistance was the topic of discussion at the UMN SWROC’s Advancing Ag webinar on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 11 a.m.
We continue to see issues with pesticide resistant insects, weeds, and disease and many have experienced a problem with poor pesticide performance. How can you sort out application and environmental effects from actual resistance? Researchers and Extension specialists discuss how to avoid performance problems and how to make sure pests management strategies are effective. IPM Specialist Bruce Potter leads this panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Ian MacRae, UMN Professor and Extension Entomologist
- Dean Malvick, UMN Professor and Extension Plant Pathologist
- Dan Nielsen, Certified Crop Consultant
- Ken Ostlie, UMN Professor and Extension Entomologist
- Tom Peters, NDSU Associate Professor and Extension Agronomist
This diverse panel engages in an open discussion and take questions from participants.
— University of Minnesota Southwest Research & Outreach Center
For more news from Minnesota, click here.