KINGSVILLE, Texas — Few things pose a greater threat to ranch sustainability than drought and litigation; preparation for both is essential.
Learning objectives include:
- Understand the provisions of an oil, gas, and mineral lease
- Discuss landowner rights and ownership of surface and groundwater
- Recognize recent developments in the Rule of Capture, statutes, and case law
- Identify landowner liability for injuries and list measures to avoid liability
- Understand the condemnation process and determine strategies to protect property rights
- Recognize how private easements are created and terminated
- Identify how small estates transfer property to the next generation
Read the full agenda here.
Click below to learn more or register for the lectureship.
Can’t make it in person? Join us virtually! The 2023 W.B. “Dub” Yarborough Lectureship on Real Estate Law for Ranchers will be simultaneously delivered in-person and online as a Zoom webinar.
–King Ranch Institute for Ranch Management