DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — Golden Harvest will host eight virtual Winter Agronomy Summits in January and February to provide farmers with timely agronomic advice to help start the 2021 growing season strong. The events will cover top-of-mind issues for farmers, including how to manage corn rootworm, corn silage, soybean weed control, new and emerging corn diseases, and more.
“Our network of local agronomists brings together a wide range of knowledge that helps farmers maximize yield potential,” said Steve Wilkens, Golden Harvest East agronomy manager. “We are eager to provide farmers with several virtual options to learn more about important crop management issues as they plan for the upcoming season.”
Event schedule and topics:
- Tues., Jan. 12 at 8:00 a.m. Central – Corn rootworm management
- Thurs., Jan. 14 at 7:00 p.m. Central – Corn silage management
- Tues., Jan. 19 at 7:00 p.m. Central – New and emerging corn diseases: What to watch in 2021 (includes tar spot, Physoderma brown spot, bacterial leaf streak and Southern rust)
- Thurs., Jan. 21 at 7:00 p.m. Central – Soybean weed management
- Tues., Jan. 26 at 12:00 p.m. Central – Corn seeding rate recommendations
- Thurs., Jan. 28 at 12:00 p.m. Central – Agronomy in Action 2021 Research Review
- Mon., Feb. 8 at 7:00 p.m. Central – E-Luminate® digital agronomy platform
- Wed., Feb. 10 at 7:00 a.m. Central – High yield corn management
The 60-minute sessions will be interactive with opportunities for farmers to ask agronomists questions and receive real-time, actionable guidance.
David Schlake, Golden Harvest West agronomy manager, said, “Although we prefer to meet face-to-face with farmers whenever possible, the current environment requires us to be flexible and make the best of a difficult situation. We have a great series of virtual summits that will allow us to share vital agronomic information and remain connected to our customers.”
To view a full schedule with session descriptions and register to attend a Golden Harvest virtual Winter Agronomy Summit, visit www.VirtualAgronomySummit.com.
The Golden Harvest portfolio is available from Golden Harvest Seed Advisors, who combine high-yielding seed options with local agronomic knowledge and deliver a Service 365 year-round commitment to doing whatever it takes to yield results for farmers.
About Golden Harvest
Golden Harvest Seeds has been rooted in genetics, agronomy and service since 1973, offering in-depth seeds expertise combined with the local agronomic know-how of an independent Seed Advisor to maximize yield on each field. Today, every Golden Harvest hybrid and variety is bred with the individual needs of hardworking farmers in mind. Find more information at GoldenHarvestSeeds.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GldnHarvest and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GldnHarvest.
For more articles concerning the corn industry, click here.