FARGO, N.D. — Sugarbeet growers will have an opportunity to learn more about diseases, weeds and insect pests during seminars North Dakota State University and the University of Minnesota are holding virtually Feb. 9-11.
Here is the seminar schedule:
- Tuesday, Feb. 9 – seminar for Minn-Dak farmers
- Wednesday, Feb. 10 – American Crystal Sugar Co. seminar for growers from Grafton to Grand Forks
- Thursday, Feb. 11 – seminar for the growers from Hillsboro to the Moorhead factory districts
The presenters and topics that they will cover are:
- Ashok Chanda, University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet crop systems specialist – management of rhizoctonia damping-off and root rot of sugarbeets
- Mohamed Khan, NDSU and University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet specialist – strategies to manage cercospora leaf spot in sugarbeets
- Tom Peters, NDSU and University of Minnesota Extension sugarbeet agronomist – a holistic and systems approach to manage weeds
- Mark Boetel, NDSU Extension entomologist – recommendations on how to optimize insect pest control in sugarbeets
Certified crop advisers will receive continuing education credits for their participation in the seminars.
For information on how to register for the seminars, visit www.sbreb.org or contact Khan at 218-790-8596 or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com at American Crystal Sugar Co. and firstname.lastname@example.org at Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative.
— NDSU Extension
For more North Dakota news, click here.