ITHACA, N.Y. — Operations management on dairy farms is integral to success of the farm business. Presented by Cornell CALS PRO-DAIRY and the Northeast Dairy Producers Association, the Operations Managers Conference provides an opportunity for the people responsible for day to day activities on dairy farms to enhance their skills and embrace excellence on the farm.
Full event information is available at prodairy.cals.cornell.edu/omc. Registration cost is $100 per person (unique email addresses are required to register and access the event). For more information, contact Heather Darrow, PRO-DAIRY Conference Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s event will be presented as a four-week virtual series on each Thursday from 12 to 2 PM beginning January 28 through February 18, 2021. Each weekly session will include a general kick-off presentation and attendee’s choice of one technical breakout session in the area of dairy, crop, or human resource management. One breakout session each week will be offered in Spanish.
Your series registration gives you access to:
- Weekly two-hour sessions with live Q&A
- Dynamic keynote presentations
- Specialty breakout sessions (including 4 topics presented in Spanish)
- On-demand recordings of all presentations
- Easy-to-navigate conference app with exclusive content, sponsor profiles, and networking opportunities
Highlighted sessions include:
- Dairy as a Key Player in the Future of Climate Solutions – Tara Vander Dussen, New Mexico Milkmaid
- Leading for Employee Recruitment, Satisfaction and Retention – Stan Moore, Michigan State University Extension
- Lessons Learned in Safety and Compliance Off the Farm – Panel Discussion
- Welfare of Dairy Cattle: Relevance to the Animal, the Producer and the Consumer – Dr. Jennifer Van Os, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dry Period Heat Stress: Effects on Dam and Daughter – Dr. Geoff Dahl, University of Florida
- The Top 10 Ways to Ruin Your Team (presented in English and Spanish) – Tom Wall, Dairy Coach LLC
- Protecting Your Farm from HR Violations – Dr. Rich Stup, Cornell Agricultural Workforce Development
- Getting Heifers Off to a Great Start (presented in Spanish) – Dr. Fernando Soberon, Standard Dairy Consultants
- Is There a Link Between Bedding and Milk Quality? (presented in Spanish) – Dr. Paula Ospina, Lechear
–Cornell CALS PRO-DAIRY
the Northeast Dairy Producers Association