MINNEAPOLIS — The Sustainable Farming Association will host a Livestock Webinar Series in January and February, 2022. These sessions will take place each Thursday from 6-7:30 PM, January 13 through February 10.
Each event will offer opportunities to network and highlight one or two farmers raising a different species on pasture. They will discuss the production model they utilize, the pros and cons of it, and the processing and marketing opportunities and challenges of the enterprise.
Advance registration is required for each event. The dates:
- January 13, 2022 | Hogs | Featuring Dayle Reinke of Clover Leaf Grass Farm. REGISTER.
- January 20, 2022 | Sheep | Featuring Keith and Anna Johnson of Blissful Bee Pastures and Doug and Connie from The Lamb Shoppe. REGISTER.
- January 27, 2022 | Bison | Featuring PJ Breen of Rolling R Bison Ranch and Craig Fischer of Sleepy Bison Acres. REGISTER.
- February 3, 2022 | Goats | Featuring Cherrie Nolden at 1dr Acres Farm and Jake Langeslag of Goat Dispatch. REGISTER.
- February 10 | Chickens | Featuring Lance Klessig of Heart & Soil Ridge on Laying Hens, Jared Luhman on Broilers. REGISTER.
The series is funded by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
The Sustainable Farming Association advances environmental stewardship, economic resilience and strong, diverse communities through farmer-to-farmer networking, education, demonstration and research.
— Sustainable Farming Association