BATAVIA, N.Y. — Save the date for a Free Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Meeting for 4-H families and livestock producers. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 7th, 2017 from 6:30pm – 8:00pm at the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County, 420 East Main St. Batavia, NY. Presenting the new 2017 VFD updates are Dr. Cricket Johnson Seward, area state field vet with Ag & Markets and Dr. Melanie Hemenway, state NYSCHAPS coordinator.
The meeting will include conversations on the new Veterinary Feed Directive, including:
– What is the VFD?
– What is a valid Veterinary Client Patient Relationship (VCPR) that is needed with a VFD order?
– Where can you get access to antibiotics that are blended in or can be added to feed?
– Status of “minor species” (sheep and goats) and bees in the VFD.
– Feed combinations, such as antibiotics and coccidian control agents.
– Medications not covered by the VFD, such as injectable and water administered antibiotics.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension of Genesee County
For more articles out of New York, click here.