SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The Trump Administration today announced that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is investing more than $7.4 million in loan and grant funding to support renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in rural New York State.
“USDA Rural Development in New York has made a commitment to assisting our rural partners with renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions – we are pleased to help these stakeholders take this opportunity to make an investment in the future,” said State Director Richard Mayfield. “Under the leadership of President Trump and Agriculture Secretary Perdue, USDA has been working tirelessly to be a strong partner to rural New York in building stronger and healthier communities, because we know when rural America thrives, all of America thrives.”
Projects examples in New York include:
- Aeon Holdings, LLC This Rural Development investment of $15,943 in grant funding will be used for the purchase and installation of a 37.6-kW Solar array. Aeon Holdings is a REHC which leases the property to Hearthstone Care which provides social adult day care in Catskill, NY. The project will realize more than $5,000 per year in savings and will replace a 40,783 kWh per year, which is enough electricity to power 4 homes.
- AIREAGO This Rural Development investment of $20,000 in grant funding will be used to purchase and install a 46.97 KW solar energy system. AIREAGO Corp. is a construction technology small business which designs, builds and improves furniture, tools and structures in Bloomingburg, NY The system is estimated to produce 45,467 kWh per year, which is enough to power 5 homes.
- Saratoga Solar, LLC This Rural Development investment of $6,827,000 in loan guarantee funding will be used to purchase and install a 6.272 MW solar energy system. Saratoga Solar, LLC is a newly created entity for the purpose of generating electricity in Middle Grove, NY. The system is estimated to produce 7,652,133 kWh per year, which is enough electricity to power 765 homes.
- Cornell University This Rural Development investment of $100,000 in grant funding will be used by the university to conduct 11 agri-voltaic site assessments for 61 agricultural producers throughout New York. Cornell University of located in Ithaca, NY.
- 209 Storage Vault, Inc. This Rural Development investment of $15,011 in grant funding will be used to purchase and install a 24-kW solar energy array. 209 Storage Vault is a self-storage facility in Ellenville, NY. This project will realize $3,668 per year in savings and will replace 26,198 kWh (100%) per year, which is enough electricity to power 3 homes.
USDA Rural Development provides loans and grants to help expand economic opportunities and create jobs in rural areas. This assistance supports infrastructure improvements; business development; housing; community facilities such as schools, public safety and health care; and high-speed internet access in rural areas. For more information, visit www.rd.usda.gov.
If you’d like to subscribe to USDA Rural Development updates, visit our GovDelivery subscriber page.
–Christopher Stewart, USDA Rural Development