WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the appointment of 5 members and 2 alternate members to serve on the Agricultural Marketing Service’s (AMS) Grain Inspection Advisory Committee beginning November 1, 2020.
Members appointed for a three year term are:
- Janice L. Cooper – Portland, Oregon
- Curtis C. Engel – Salina, Kansas
- Nicholas R. Friant – Wayzata, Minnesota
- Robert B. Sinner- Casselton, North Dakota
- Jimmy L. Williams – Jefferson City, Missouri
Members selected as alternates to serve one-year terms are:
- Philip T. Bertrand- Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Steven D. Wirsching – Portland, Oregon
Established on September 29, 1981 under Sec. 27 (U.S.C. 87j) the Advisory Committee represents the interests of all segments of the U.S. grain industry from producer to exporter. The committee is comprised of 15 members including grain processors, merchandisers, handlers, exporters, consumers, grain inspection agencies and scientists. The Secretary appoints all members and one third are appointed annually. There are ten members currently serving on the committee.
AMS seeks nominations annually via announcements on the Federal Register and news releases to industry, trade, academia, community and faith-based organizations.
For more articles concerning the grain industry, click here.