RALEIGH, N.C. — “North Carolina farmers have consistently provided essential information that help to determine the monthly yield forecasts as we progress through the harvest season each year.” said Dee Webb, North Carolina State Statistician. “The information is invaluable to farmers and producers as well as others involved in the agricultural industry and shows the impact agriculture has in the state. We greatly appreciate their dedication to such high quality data.”
Corn for grain
- Yield is forecast at 107 bushels per acre, down 6 bushels
from last year’s yield of 113 bushels per acre.
- Production is forecast to total 97.4 million bushels, up 4%
from the 93.8 million bushels produced last year.
- Harvested acres are forecast at 910,000, up from 830,000
acres harvested in 2018.
- Yield is forecast at 931 pounds per acre, up 119 pounds
from last year’s yield of 812 pounds per acre.
- Production is forecast at 960,000 bales, up 37% from last
year’s production of 702,000 bales.
- Harvested acres are expected to total 495,000 acres
compared with 415,000 acres harvested in 2018.