SALEM, Ore. — Join the U.S. Commercial Service, the Export Council of Oregon, Business Oregon, and the Oregon Department of Agriculture for one or both of these export training webinars.
Incoterms are important for setting pricing for international sales and that HTS/schedule B is important to comply with US regulations and impacts the tariff rates applied.
Tuesday, November 15, 10:00am – 12:00pm (PST)
Introduction to HTS/Schedule B Classification:
- Understand the HTS/Schedule B classification system used in international trade
- Learn what the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) are and how they are used in every product classification
- Learn the difference between a Schedule B & HTS number
- Understand how to use the CROSS- Customs ruling on-line search system
- Review instructor based specific classification examples
Wednesday, November 16, 10:00am – 12:00pm (PST)
- A complete review of all Incoterms (international commercial terms) 2020— what they are, and when and how to use them for all international trade transactions
- Understand how to incorporate proper usage of Incoterms into proforma and commercial invoices
- Strategies on how Incoterms should be used to increase sales and lower unnecessary liability/exposure costs
About Mike Allocca:
Presented by Mike Allocca, a nationally known expert in international trade compliance, these webinars are designed to assist companies in understanding topics essential to successful international trade transactions. Mike is founder of Allocca Enterprises, Inc.. With more than 25 years of experience, Mike’s expertise in educating others about import/export compliance has won him multiple awards including the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Presidential Excellence in Export Services Award.
Where: Microsoft Teams
Cost: $95 per webinar, per participant
Registration deadline: November 14 at 12:00 pm (PST)
Electronic copies of the presentation materials will be provided to all webinar participants.