AMHERST, Mass. — There is a growing interest in invasive plants and their management. While turf and landscape professionals might be very proficient in the development of a weed management program for turf and/or landscape, invasive plant management often reveals many new and unique challenges. This 4-part program is intended to help participants meet these challenges when attempting to develop an invasive plant management program as part of their business.
Participants may receive a certificate in INVASIVE PLANT MANAGEMENT upon the successful completion of all four webinars and and obtaining a passing grade for each.
NOTE: 2023 will be the final year we offer this certificate program.
Those who have taken some of the classes in this series in the past and still wish to earn the certificate of completion are advised to finish up any remaining classes in 2023.
Participants not interested in a certificate may also attend these webinars without taking the quizzes. While individuals from anywhere are welcome to join us, this training will have a geographic focus on Massachusetts and New England.
The Invasive Plant Management classes in 2023 will be held virtually via Zoom. The four sessions in this series are:
- Mar 16, 2023 – State Regulations Pertaining to Invasive Plant Management (A2): 8:45 AM – 2:30 PM
- Mar 23, 2023 – Principles and Fundamentals of Weed Science (A1): 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Apr 6, 2023 – The Invasive Plant Issue and Invasive Plant Identification (A3): 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
- Apr 13, 2023 – Developing an Invasive Plant Management Program (B): 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Pesticide: Contact hours for categories 35, 36, 37, 40, 48 and Applicators License available. Valid for all New England states for equivalent categories.
- 3/16/23 (A2) – 2 pesticide contact hours
- 3/23/23 (A1) – 4 pesticide contact hours
- 4/6/23 (A3) – 3 pesticide contact hours
- 4/13/23 (B) – 4 pesticide contact hours
Association: 2 MCLP, 2 MCA, and 1 MCH credits for EACH class. ISA credits requested.
Partial reimbursement for the cost of these Invasive Plant Certification classes is available in 2023 for eligible Massachusetts employers thru the Workforce Training Fund Program’s Express Program: https://commcorp.org/