NORTH HAVERHILL, N.H. — NH produce growers (especially small and medium-sized farms) are invited to apply for a free new program from UNH Extension in conjunction with UMaine called Jumpstart to Farm Food Safety.
If you are interested in working on your farm food safety plan but don’t know where to start? We can help!
Participants in Jumpstart have the opportunity to work on your farm food safety plan with an Extension educator, trained in Produce Safety.
We provide one-to-one, individualized assistance with:
- starting or continuing work on your farm food safety plan
- suggestions on designing a safer and more efficient wash/pack area
- writing, reviewing, or improving SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- staff training in health and hygiene
- drawing a farm map or irrigation map
- other farm food safety concerns you may have
This work is supported by Food Safety Outreach Program grant no. 2021-70020-35647 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
For more information and to apply visit the Jumpstart website: https://bit.ly/jumpstartfarm
Or contact Mary Choate at UNH Extension email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-787-6944