ST. PAUL, Minn. — We have two exciting nutrient and irrigation management field days coming up in August! Attend one or both for helpful information about cover crops, irrigation water management practices, soil health, and much more. See below for further details and to register for these free events.
Rosholt research farm field day
Join us for a free field day at the Rosholt Research Farm in Westport, Minn. on Thursday, August 18 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Best Irrigation Management Strategies for Optimum Corn Production and Water Quality Protection
- Nitrogen Budget for Irrigated Corn When Grown with Rye and Kura Clover
- Kernza – A Perennial Grain Crop for Cleaner Water and Improved Soil Health
Pre-registration is required. Participants are encouraged to register by August 12.
Becker irrigation and nutrient management field day
The Becker Irrigation and Nutrient Management Field Day at the Sand Plains Research Farm will be on August 31 from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. A boxed dinner will be provided. Registration is free!
Presentations topics include:
- Effects of irrigation and nitrogen on corn yield, nitrate leaching, and water and nitrogen use efficiency
- Enhancing soil health in potato cropping systems
- Improving N use efficiency for corn and potato
- Improving N management for irrigated corn with N source and application timing
- Expanding a statewide irrigation scheduling application, sensors, models, and protecting irrigator privacy
- Nitrogen requirements for hybrid rye as a grain and forage crop
- Wagon tour of research farm
— University of Minnesota Extension