CEDAR FALLS, Iowa — On January 21, the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council will begin accepting applications for the STEM Scale-Up Program. Cross-curricular educators from PreK-12 schools, afterschool programs and other educational organizations are eligible to apply. The application period for the STEM Scale-Up Program closes on March 2, 2020.
Thousands of Iowa educators are equipped with high-quality programs through the STEM Scale-Up Program, engaging nearly 100,000 students in STEM activities and units each year. Students who participate in the STEM Scale-Up Program have a proven success rate of performing better on the Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress compared to students who did not receive STEM Scale-Up Programming.
Thirteen STEM Scale-Up Programs were selected through a rigorous review process to be offered during the 2020-2021 academic year. Programs available on the STEM Scale-Up Program menu include:
- Bootstrap: Data Science for Grade Levels 8-12
- Computer Science Discoveries for Grade Levels 6-10
- Computer Science Fundamentals for Grade Levels K-5
- Computer Science Principles for Grade Levels 9-12
- Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education – Agricultural Power and Technology for Grade Levels 9-12
- Desmos Middle School Math for Grade Level 8
- Differentiated Math Centers for Grade Levels K-5
- Pint Size Science for Grade Levels PreK-2
- Project Lead the Way Computer Science: Cybersecurity for Grade Levels 9-12
- STEM in Action for Grade Levels PreK-5
- STEM Innovator for Grade Levels 6-12
- VEX IQ Challenge Robotics Education and Competition for Grade Levels 4-8
- VEX V5 Robotics Education and Competition for Grade Levels 9-12
Award recipients for the 2020-2021 STEM Scale-Up Program will be announced April 7, 2020. Professional development training for educators will be held for each program during the summer for implementation in the fall.
— Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council
For more news from Iowa, click here.