SEATTLE, Wash. — Join us for our Edible Plant Sale and take your pick from an epic selection of organic edible plant starts, perfect for summer gardens! The sale will be in-person May 7-14 at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands (5513 S Cloverdale St). To maintain our limited safe capacity, shopping reservations will be required. We will begin accepting reservations on Monday, May 3; noon.
Remember: To keep shoppers, volunteers and staff safe, please stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
You’ll find an amazing selection of tantalizing veggies to choose from, including summer crops like tomatoes, peppers, squash and corn, foodie favorites, heirloom varieties, culinary herbs, edible flowers, and pollinator plants. The plants are the best varieties to grow successfully in our Pacific Northwest climate. View the plant lists. Keep reading for an overview of how the Edible Plant Sale will work, or click the button below to download our illustrated PDF guide to shopping the sale this year. The more prepared you are, the smoother the experience for everyone! Please Read: “What to Expect” Guide.
Booking Your Shopping Reservation
- All shoppers will book a timed shopping reservation before the sale begins, starting Monday, May 3; noon.
- You will access the reservation system via our website, tilthalliance.org.
- Each reservation is good for one shopper + one additional member of your household. Please stay together inside the sale, and plan on making only one transaction at check-out. Let us know if you plan on bringing someone when you make your reservation.
- If you end up being unable to make your reserved shopping time, please find your confirmation email from Calendly. At the bottom of that email, you will see links for either rescheduling or cancelling your reservation.
- This year, we’re combining the Early Bird Sale with Tilth Alliance’s GiveBIG campaign. Contribute at least $15 to our GiveBIG fundraiser between Tue., Apr. 20-Sun., Apr. 25 and you can take part in the Early Bird reservations!
- There will be no parking available on-site at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands. Street parking will be available near Be’er Sheva Park. Plan to arrive early so you’ll have plenty of time to find parking before your reservation begins.
- Need handicap parking? When you confirm your shopping reservation, you’ll be able to let us know about your parking needs. We’ll touch base with you directly and do our best to accommodate.
- The easiest parking is no parking! Walk, bike or use public transportation. The Light Rail is a 15 minute walk away and bus Route 7 is a 5 minute walk away.
Entering the Sale
- Enter the sale using the gate connecting Be’er Sheva Park and Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands. There will be NO ENTRY at the farm gates on S Cloverdale St.
- Follow the walkways to Be’er Sheva Park from Seward Park Ave. From the playground, continue past the basketball court to our entry gate. Look for plant sale signage.
- At the entry gate, we’ll have volunteers check you in. Come prepared with your correct shopping time and the full name under which the reservation was made.
Tips for Happy Shopping
- Read these Frequently Asked Questions for even more tips!
- Most of the walking paths on the farm are not paved. Be mindful of your footwear!
- Use our Navigating the Plant Sale map to get an idea of where each type of plant will be.
- Bring your own wagons, carts, flats and boxes for your plants. We’ll have some you can borrow, but will likely run out.
- Plan your shopping list in advance. Browse the plant lists.
- Don’t forget your mask! All shoppers, staff and volunteers must wear face coverings while inside the Edible Plant Sale.
- Prices range from $4-10 depending on variety. Most plants are $4 or $5. The $10 plants are the hops!
- Lend a hand. Sign up for a volunteer shift. (Volunteers get Early Bird access to reservations!)
Sponsor the Edible Plant Sale!
The Edible Plant Sale, which has been running for more than 30 years and is considered by many to be a “rite of spring” in Seattle, attracts more than 4,000 attendees over the weekend. Get your name in front of thousands of like-minded consumers, community members and future partners! Learn more.
— Tilth Alliance
For more Washington news, click here.