MEDIAPOLIS, Iowa — Iowa State University Extension field specialists are holding a two-hour workshop in Des Moines County for women in agriculture on the topic of tile drainage. The workshop, scheduled for Thursday, July 22 from 5:30-7:30pm, is open to women that are working in ag as well as those that are not, such as off-farm landowners. The workshop will include presentations on the basics of field tile drainage, the economics of tile drainage, and water quality considerations.
After the workshop, attendees should feel better equipped to make educated decisions regarding drainage on the land that they own and/or operate and will be able to answer questions such as,
- Would my field benefit from tile drainage?
- What makes a good drainage design?
- What does tile drainage typically cost and what economic return should I expect?
- How can tenants and landowners work together to meet drainage goals?
- What water quality considerations should be made when upgrading field drainage?
The meeting will be informal with plenty of time for questions and discussion. Please register by calling the Des Moines County Extension Office at (319) 671-7165. Registration is free and includes a meal and educational materials to accompany presentations. Meal will be served at 5:30 PM.
Mediapolis City Hall
510 Main St., Mediapolis, IA 52637
— Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
For more news from Iowa, click here.