LINCOLN, Neb.— For growers who couldn’t make it to Soybean Management Field Days (SMFD) this summer or for those who attended and need a refresher, SMFD presentations were recorded and are available online.
The SMFD presentations are provided to growers to view whenever and wherever is most convenient. The series includes 17 video modules discussing everything from soybean gall midge to Nebraska cropland values.
“I am glad we are able to reach more soybean farmers across the state with these virtual presentations from the 2021 Soybean Management Field Days,” said Scott Ritzman, executive director of the Nebraska Soybean Board (NSB). “I hope that the valued partnership between NSB and Nebraska Extension continues to bring high-quality, non-biased research and information to soybean growers’ operations.”
The field days and virtual sessions are sponsored by NSB in partnership with Nebraska Extension in the University of Nebraska–Lincoln’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, and are funded through Nebraska soybean checkoff dollars.
“It was wonderful to host Soybean Management Field Days in-person this year across the state and to see so many productive conversations around maximizing soybean grower productivity and profitability,” said Catherine Jones, NSB market development coordinator. “We know farmers have busy schedules and we have learned from the virtual transition the world has made, so we are providing videos of the presentations.”
“We hope the combination of these videos and the grower’s booklet will help soybean growers learn about important topics from the 2021 field days,” said Aaron Nygren, extension educator with Nebraska Extension. “If you missed out, you can still catch the valuable information and if you have follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.”
- Soil Water Considerations with Cover Crops in Irrigated Soybeans
- SMFD Research on Soil Water Use with Cover Crops in Irrigated Soybeans
- Water Use and Planting Considerations in Irrigated Fields with Cover Crops
- Yield-Increasing Soybean Production Practices: Planting Date, Row Width, seeding Rate
- Nebraska Cropland Cash Rental Rates in 2021
- Nebraska Cropland Lease Trends in 2021
- Nebraska Cropland Values in 2021
- Pricing Decisions and Opportunities
- Understanding the Soybean Market
- Fall Planted Cover Crops and Benefits in a Soybean System
- Interseeding Cover crops into Soybeans
- Arthropod Management in Cover Crops
- Soybean Gall Midge: Understanding a New Pest of Soybean
- Soybean Gall Midge: Management Tactics for a New Pest
- Soybean Disease Update
- Frogeye Leaf Spot of Soybean Disease Update
SMFD presentations are available online at: https://enrec.unl.edu/2021soybeanmanagementfielddays/
About the Nebraska Soybean Board
The nine-member Nebraska Soybean Board collects and disburses the Nebraska share of funds generated by the one-half of one percent times the net sales price per bushel of soybeans sold. Nebraska soybean checkoff funds are invested in research, education, domestic and foreign markets, including new uses for soybeans and soybean products.
— Nebraska Soybean Board