ATHENS, Ga. — United States egg production totaled 8.94 billion during February 2020, up 3 percent from last year. Production included 7.79 billion table eggs, and 1.15 billion hatching eggs, of which 1.07 billion were broiler-type and 81.3 million were eggtype. The total number of layers during February 2020 averaged 397 million, down 2 percent from last year. February egg production per 100 layers was 2,254 eggs, up 5 percent from February 2019.
Total layers in the United States on March 1, 2020 totaled 394 million, down 3 percent from last year. The 394 million layers consisted of 330 million layers producing table or market type eggs, 60.9 million layers producing broiler-type hatching eggs, and 3.41 million layers producing egg-type hatching eggs. Rate of lay per day on March 1, 2020, averaged 77.5 eggs per 100 layers, up 1 percent from March 1, 2019.
To view the complete report please click here!