BROOMFIELD, Colo. — Soliciting Hemp Advisory Committee Members—-EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2021, AT 5:00PM
The Colorado Department of Agriculture is seeking nominations for Hemp Advisory Committee (HAC) members. Members of the HAC advise the Department and confer on all matters regarding the regulation of hemp. They assist the Commissioner and program staff in promulgating rules to carry out the Hemp Act, Title 35, Article 61. The committee provides advice to the Commissioner by reviewing proposed rules and recommending new rules or changes to existing rules, including rules that establish CDA’s inspection program to determine THC concentration. HAC members serve three-year terms. The HAC will be meeting quarterly (four times a year). The HAC is made up of 10 members. Currently there are six vacancies on the committee that expire on July 31, 2021, that need to be filled. The Ag Commission selects the HAC members.
The six vacancies are:
1) One member with experience in industrial hemp regulation
2) One member representing the hemp manufacturing industry
3) One member representing small hemp businesses
4) One member who is a citizen advocate for industrial hemp
5) One member who is a representative from the cannabinoid industry
6) One member who represents certified seed growers
Refer to the Hemp Program Events page here for the nomination form and description of duties. Please submit the nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 9, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
— Colorado Department of Agriculture
For more news from Colorado, click here.