HORSE SHOE, N.C. — The Henderson Soil and Water Conservation District will hold a Soil Health Field Day on April 27 at Whitaker Farms, 90 Dalton Road, Horse Shoe, N.C. The workshop is from 8:30AM to 1:30PM, and includes a free lunch and a field tour.
Learn the benefits of cover crops for overall soil health at this interactive workshop.
- The Science Behind Soil Health
- Soil Health: A Farmer’s Perspective
- Decomposition and Nutrient Recovery from Cover Crops
- Programs for Assistance with Cover Crops
- Field visit to Whitaker Family Farms in Horse Shoe, NC
Register by April 20 by calling 828.697.4949.
Click here for the agenda.
— North Carolina ADFP Trust Fund, NC Foundation for Soil & Water Conservation and USDA
For more news from North Carolina, click here.