COLUMBIA, Mo. — Save the date for the 11th Annual UMCA Agroforestry Symposium: “Show Me More! Value-Added Processing for Missouri Agriculture and Forestry” on January 30, 2020 at the University of Missouri, Columbia. We are very pleased to have Missouri Lt. Governor Mike Kehoe join us as the Keynote Speaker for the Symposium. Additional Speakers and Panelists include:
- Joe Wilson, Missouri Northern Pecan Growers
- Ann Wilkinson, Origin Farms
- Kiruba Krishnaswamy, Assistant Professor of Food Science and Bioengineering, University of Missouri
- Kerri Chittum, Patchwork Family Farms
- Gary Hinegardner, Wood Hat Spirits
- Davin Althoff, Division Director, Ag Business Development, Missouri Department of Agriculture
- Jill S. Wood, Executive Director, Missouri Agricultural and Small Business Development Authority
- Nicola Macpherson, Ozark Forest Mushrooms
- Terry Durham, River Hills Harvest
- Randall Westgren, Professor and McQuinn Chair of Entrepreneurial Leadership, University of Missouri
- Sara Low, Fred V Heinkel Professor in Agriculture and Co-Director of Exceed, University of Missouri
- Brian Hammons, President, Hammons Black Walnuts
The event will also feature panel discussions, an exhibit hall, poster session, reception and lunch prepared with locally sourced Missouri ingredients and specialty crops. Please visit centerforagroforestry.org for program details and updates.
The Symposium will be held at the Bond Life Sciences Center on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia, MO on Thursday, January 30th (8:15am – 5:30pm). The event is free and open to the public, but advance registration is requested and required for Symposium lunch. Please register to attend at: goo.gl/iywnii
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there. Please help us spread the word! Feel free to post or forward this invitation throughout your networks to share with others who might be interested to attend.
— Center for Agroforestry at the University of Missouri
For more news from Missouri, click here.