IRVINE, Calif. — Registration is now open to attend the first-ever Salinas Biological Summit, which will be held June 20-21, 2023 at CSU Monterey Bay’s Salinas City Center. The event will provide an overview of the innovative biological solutions available to address agriculture’s soil and plant needs.
Co-presented by Western Growers and New Zealand-based agrifood tech consultancy Wharf42, confirmed speakers at the summit include:
- Leon Panetta, Chairman, Panetta Institute of Public Policy
- Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Dave Puglia, President & CEO, Western Growers
- Julie Henderson, Director, California Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Don Cameron, Vice President and General Manager, Terranova Ranch
- Pam Marrone, CEO and Founder, Chestnut Bio Advisors
- Scott Komar, SVP of Global R&D, Driscoll’s
Hotel accommodations and the full agenda for the Salinas Biological Summit can be found here.
About Western Growers:
Founded in 1926, Western Growers represents local and regional family farmers growing fresh produce in California, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. Western Growers’ members and their workers provide over half the nation’s fresh fruits, vegetables and tree nuts, including half of America’s fresh organic produce. Connect and learn more about Western Growers on Twitter and Facebook.