NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. — The Rutgers Plant Diagnostic and Soil Testing Laboratories are currently closed to the public. However, lab employees will be processing samples during limited hours and without extra support from student workers.
Instructions for submitting plant samples and questions to the Diagnostic Lab are:
- Samples may be shipped via UPS or FedEx (not via US Postal Service) directly to: Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Laboratory, Ralph Geiger Turfgrass Ed. Ctr., 20 Indyk-Engel Way, North Brunswick, NJ 08902. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us when to expect your sample (please provide tracking information if available).
- Hand deliveries of samples may be left in the hallway at our front door. Please email us at email@example.com to inform us that you have dropped off a sample.
- For questions, the best way to reach the lab staff is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as we may have limited access to voicemail.
To for submit soil samples and questions to the Soils Testing Lab:
- Soil samples may be mailed via the US Postal Service or shipped UPS or FedEx to: Rutgers Soil Testing Laboratory, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 57 US Highway 1, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8554.
- In-person visits for dropping off samples are not permitted.
- Soil testing kits can be mailed, or for clients without soil testing kits, sampling instructions and the soil test questionnaires are available on the NJAES/soil-testing-lab webpage: How to Have Your Soil Tested. It is important to select the correct kit/questionnaire for the type of soil you are testing and the analysis required.
- For questions, the best way to reach the lab staff is via email to: email@example.com as we may have limited coverage of phones.
With limited hours and no student workers to assist, please anticipate slower turnaround times. We thank you for your patience.
—RICK VANVRANKEN, Rutgers University