MINNEAPOLIS — The 2018 Research Update sessions are scheduled for these locations: Waseca, Rochester and Lamberton (Jan 2, 3 and 4 respectively) and Morris, Willmar, and Crookston (Jan 9, 10 and 11 respectively) from 12:30 pm–4:40 pm for each location. Registration fee is $55 through 12/31/2017, $60 beginning 1/1/2018. Online registration and session abstracts can be found on our website at z.umn.edu/iapru or onsite registration begins at 11:30 a.m. at each location.
The program will feature research-based strategies to deal with today’s changing pests, diseases, varieties, and nutrient and environmental recommendations. Continuing education units for Certified Crop Advisors have been applied for including: 1 in Nutrient Management and 3 in Pest Management, (additional 1 in Crop Management at Crookston).
Educational Sessions (for all locations except Crookston) will include
- Nitrogen: When, what and how to Apply – Dr. Fabian Fernandez
- Yearly patterns of crop diseases and management practices – Dr. Dean Malvick
- Development in insect issues and management in corn and soybeans – Dr. Kenneth Ostlie
- What do dicamba and Palmer Amaranth have in Common? – Dr. Jeff Gunsolus
Educational Sessions for the Crookston location only will include
- Small grain weed control and herbicide resistance management – Dr. Beverly Durgan
- Soybean Aphid: Population dynamics, pyrethroid resistance and developing management strategies – Dr. Phillip Glogoza
- Small grains disease management toolbox – Dr. Madeleine Smith
- Small grain variety update – Dr. Jochum Wiersma
- What’s the scoop on potassium research in western Minnesota? Dr. Daniel Kaiser
Who should attend?
Agronomists, ag salespeople (seeds, chemicals, fertilizers), crop consultants, crop production specialists, Extension educators, agriculture government agency personnel, farm managers, and anyone else who would benefit from some professional training.
If you prefer to mail your registration in, please download the 2018 Research Update registration form (290 K PDF) and mail the completed document along with the registration fee of $55 to reserve your space. Contact Larisa with registration questions at 651-480-7732 or email@example.com.
Make checks payable to University of Minnesota.
Send registration form and payment by December 26th to:
University of Minnesota Extension Registration
130 Learning and Environmental Sciences (LES)
1954 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108
Questions regarding the program content, or disability accommodations, can be directed to Dave Nicolai, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Dave Nicolai, Coordinator for the Institute for Ag Professionals, University of Minnesota Extension
For more news from Minnesota, click here.