KINGSTON, N.Y. — The Annual Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County’s (CCEUC) Master Gardener “Great Plant Swap & Sale” Returns on Saturday, June 10, 2023 at the Forsyth Park Pavilion, 157 Lucas Avenue in Kingston. The proceeds benefit the Dominic Parise Master Gardener Scholarship.
Here’s how the swap works: Plants to swap are dropped off Saturday morning between 9am and 10am. Swappers will receive vouchers for the value of the plants they drop off, and then return at 11am to swap vouchers for plants! At 11:30 a.m. the swap will open to the public for the plant sale. No early birds please.
To make this event a wonderful and rewarding experience for all, please review the following rules and information. Master Gardeners will refuse any plants not meeting the following criteria:
- Bring only healthy, well-cared for plants. No wilted or just dug plants will be accepted.
- Examine plants for pests and water regularly; feed them if necessary.
- Plants must be in containers, with sufficient soil – no boxes or bags.
- No plants on the NYS Invasive list will be accepted. The list is available at http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/265.html
- Plants must be labeled with plant name and flower color.
- No more than 12 plants of any one variety will be accepted. Seedlings under 3” will be grouped and valued together.
- If you wouldn’t buy it in the store, don’t bring it to the Plant Swap!
For more information, please call Courtney Churchill at 845-340-3990 ext. 335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at https://ulster.cce.cornell.edu/events/2023/06/10/annual-master-gardener-program-great-plant-swap-and-sale
Master Gardener volunteers will also be answering gardening questions and have lots of gardening information available.
–Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County