JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — According to a recent release, University of Missouri Extension weed scientist Kevin Bradley says registration is open for in-person training on synthetic auxin herbicides (Dicamba and 2,4-D products).
Registration for online training will be available Jan. 4.
The Missouri Department of Agriculture requires certified applicators to complete online or in-person training before buying or using Dicamba. The Department designated MU Extension as the sole source for Dicamba training. Only certified applicators may purchase or apply Dicamba.
In-person sessions are at Springfield, Blue Springs, Columbia, Hannibal and Sikeston. All sessions run 9-11:30 a.m. The cost is $30 and advance registration is required. Seating is limited.
Dates and locations for in-person training:
• Jan. 10 – Ramada Plaza Hotel and Oasis Convention Center, 2546 N. Glenstone, Springfield.
• Jan. 22 – Adams Pointe Conference Center at the Marriott Courtyard, 1400 NE Coronado Drive, Blue Springs.
• Feb. 9 – Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, 2601 S. Providence Road, Columbia.
• Feb. 12 – Quality Inn & Suites, 120 Lindsey Drive, Hannibal.
• Feb. 13 – City of Miner Convention Center, 2610 E. Malone Ave., Sikeston.
To register for in-person training or for more information, go to extension.missouri.edu/main/spotlight/dicamba.aspx. For questions, call the MU Conference Office at 573-882-4349.
— Missouri Department of Agriculture
For more news from Missouri, click here.