SALEM, Ore. — China is the largest market for U.S. agricultural exports, totaling about $33 billion in 2021. China’s demand for imported beer, spirits, and wine has increased significantly over the past decade, especially within the last year. In 2021, China imported about $2.5 billion in distilled spirits, $1.8 billion in wine, and $710 million in beer worldwide.
Hong Kong is the 7th largest market for U.S. food and beverage products. In 2021, Hong Kong imported over $44 million in U.S. wines and related products.
This is the first time buyers from China and Hong Kong are visiting Seattle and Anchorage through WUSATA after COVID-19.
Benefits of participation:
- Meet in-person with qualified buyers from Hong Kong and China
- Learn about the opportunities and demand for specialty beverages in these markets
- Showcase your products and learn firsthand about buyer preferences
- Identify new buyers for your product, and/or build relationships with existing clients
- $500 in sample shipment reimbursement is available
- November 28 & 29 – Meetings and tours in Seattle, WA
- December 1 & 2 – Meetings and tours in Anchorage, AK
Participation fee: $25
Registration deadline: November 11, 2022
Suitable products include: Craft beer, cider, wine, distilled spirits, seltzers, and perry