LANCASTER, Pa. — Penn State Extension and the Penn State Southeast Agricultural Research and Extension Center are hosting an agronomic field day on June 29 for farmers, industry representatives and other agricultural professionals. The field day is held at Penn State SEAREC which is a 100-acre research farm located near Landisville in Lancaster County. The doors open at 8:30 a.m. when you can visit with sponsors with the program beginning promptly at 9 a.m.
The field day promises to be an informative event featuring a wide range of crop production topics. You can see research plots in the field, learn from Penn State and Ag industry professionals and visit with industry sponsors. The Farming for Success field day is planned and organized by local members of the Penn State Extension Field and Forage Crop Team, with support from:
- The Pennsylvania No-till Alliance
- The Pennsylvania Corn Growers Association
- The Pennsylvania Soybean Board
- Numerous local Agricultural Businesses
Participants will choose from three different tracks based upon their interests. Tour stops and sessions will include:
- Keynote Address: Russell Redding, PA Secretary of Agriculture.
- Herbicide Resistant Weed ID & Control. (View plots with Dicamba and 2,4-D Resistant Soybeans)
- Planting Green Demonstration (hosted by the Pennsylvania No-Till Alliance)
- Understanding & Using Electrical Conductivity Soil Testing
- Cover Crop & Planting Green Plot Tour
- In-Furrow Fungicides
- Advanced Nitrogen Management Techniques in Corn Production
- Grain Handling & Grain Bin Safety
- Farm Transitioning & Exit Strategies
- Fusarium Head Blight Control Strategies
- Herbicide Timing Impacts on Soybean Yield
- Farmer BMP Survey Results & the Chesapeake Bay
- Pennsylvania Nutrient Management Update
Event Time/Date: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursday, June 29
Pre-registration Deadline: Tuesday, June 27
Cost: $10 if pre-registered, $15 at the door.
Location: Penn State Southeast Agricultural Research and Extension Center (SEAREC), 1446 Auction Road, Manheim, PA 17545
For more details and registration visit the following website: www.extension.psu.edu/farming-for-success or contact: Penn State Extension in Lancaster Co. 1383 Arcadia Rd. #140 Lancaster, PA 17601, 717-394-6851 LancasterExt@psu.edu.
Note: 5.0 Certified Crop Advisor Credits, 4.0 PA Nutrient Management and 2.0 PA Private Applicator Category Credits are available.
— Pennsylvania State University Extension