HARRISBURG, Pa. — The PA Agronomic Education Society (PAES), sponsor of the popular PA Agronomic Education Conference typically held in-person in January, has announced that due to COVID-19 the 2021 conference will be offered virtually on January 21-22. While restrictions on the size of events prevent the usual gathering of industry partners, the PAES recognizes the importance of providing an opportunity for individuals to receive important certification credits for Act 38, PA Pesticide and Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) programs.
The online event will take place from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. both days, with the following sessions offered:
Thursday, January 21 (4 credits):
- High Yield Corn: It’s All About Attention to Detail, Dr. Robert Neilsen, Purdue University
- Building a Soil Health Management System Plan, Barry Fisher, USDA-NRCS
- Assessment of Corn N Management Strategies, Dr. Wade Thompson, Virginia Tech University
- White Mold Management in Soybean: Pathogen Diversity & Use of Sporecaster, Dr. Paul Esker, Penn State University
Friday, January 22 (4 credits):
- Factors that Affect Corn Stalk Nitrate Test Results, Dr. Quirine Ketterings, Cornell University
- Global Impact of COVID-19 on Grain Markets, Dr. Chad Hart, Iowa State University
- Soil Base Saturation & Building Recommendations from that Date, Matt Clover, Corteva Agriscience
- Recent Herbicide Traits for Soybeans: They Have a Fit, But it May Not be Everywhere, Dr. Mark VanGessel, University of Delaware
Individuals needing credits are encouraged to take advantage of this budget-friendly continuing education opportunity. The registration fee is only $100 for two days ($75 single day registration) to attend the online educational sessions. Registration is available online now at https://www.cvent.com/d/27qysx. Following confirmed registration, Zoom links will be issued via email. The deadline to register is Friday, January 15. Questions? Please contact Jay Howes, event coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-574-4510.
Members of PAES who can’t attend but are interested in renewing PAES membership may also visit https://www.cvent.com/d/27qysx to simply update their member contact information and pay the annual dues of $30 via credit card.
–PennAg Industries Association