WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Connect with other small farmers at the Small Farm Education Field Day on July 29, presented by the Purdue Student Farm and the Purdue University Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Topics to be covered include:
- BCS roller crimper demonstration
- Black soldier fly composting
- Drip irrigation
- Efficacy of organic pesticides to manage Colorado potato beetle and caterpillars
- High tunnel table grape production
- High tunnel sweet pepper variety selection and production
- Postharvest food safety considerations
- Use of spray equipment on small plots
- Raised garden beds for vegetable production
- Reading fertilizer labels and calculating application rates
The Purdue Student Farm is located at 1491 Cherry Lane, West Lafayette. Sign up to attend at puext.in/3HiXaAs. A food truck will be on site for those who would like to purchase lunch after the educational demonstrations conclude.
— Purdue University Agriculture News