SALEM, Ore. — The SE Asia market continues to be an appealing and growing market for Oregon companies. U.S. products can be well suited for the SE Asia market due to seasonality, versatility, variety, and reputation for quality and safety.
During this mission, you will be introduced to relevant buyers of Vietnam and other SE Asia countries. USDA staff in Ho Chi Minh City will provide an insightful briefing on the market, and you will attend matchmaking meetings with targeted buyers/importers from the region to establish potential business relationships.
A market tour will also be organized for you to see local retail facilities and the availability and merchandising of competing U.S products. Facility tours may also be arranged.
Participants will be able to gain extensive knowledge of the SE Asia region, consumption habits, distribution channels, and how COVID-19 has impacted trade.
Benefits of participation:
- Meet in person with qualified buyers from Vietnam and surrounding SE Asian countries in one central location of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Learn and gather information on current SE Asia country market trends, and consumer and buyer preferences.
- Evaluate where best your products would fit within current retail and food service space through a market tour and briefings.
The Western U.S. Agricultural Trade Association (WUSATA®) will cover up to three nights of lodging in Ho Chi Minh City for ONE company representative. Companies will cover airfare and meals.
- July 13 – Arrival to Ho Chi Minh
- July 14 – Market Briefing and B2B Meetings
- July 15 – B2B Meetings
- July 16 – Market retail tours and departure
Participation fee: $350.00
Registration deadline: May 31, 2022
Industry focus: Consumer-oriented, food service products