ONEIDA CO., N.Y. — This course is an introduction to QuickBooks, designed to provide an overview of the QuickBooks Pro software application. It will cover the basic features, such as sales tax, inventory, invoicing, adjustments, and year-end procedures. Each student will gain hands-on experience reproducing the exercises presented by the instructor.
Questions and brief discussions about using QuickBooks in real-world, business environments will be entertained and answered in a discussion area, drawn from the instructor’s own experience as well as from input from other students.
Online courses are led by expert farmers and extension educators who guide students through the latest research-based information to help improve efficiency and increase profit on small farms. Students connect with other farmers, work on farm plans, and gain practical tips without leaving their home. Course content can be accessed anywhere with a high-speed internet connection.
After completing the 6-week course, with hands-on- practice, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to set up and configure QuickBooks to suit their initial needs
- Show proficiency in setting up chart of accounts, item lists, customer lists and vendor lists
- Comprehend the process for tracking income, whether using invoices or not
- Comprehend the process for tracking expenses
- Understand what reports can be useful to them to monitor their business finances
- Understand year-end closing and other year-end procedures
- Backup and restore data files
DATES: Sept 25 – Oct 30, with webinars on Monday evenings from 7-8:30pm Eastern time.
This can be a self-paced course if you choose. One-on-one assistance (via webinar) will be available in addition to the weekly group webinar on Monday evenings during the course.
LEARN MORE & REGISTER:
–Cornell Cooperative Extension Oneida County
For more articles out of New York, click here.