COLUMBIA CITY, Ind. — Regional vegetable and flower growers can gain valuable tips from experts at the Greenhouse & High Tunnel Growers meeting in Goshen on March 5.
Purdue University Extension and Michigan State University Extension are sponsoring this Michiana area program to cater to commercial growers from north central Indiana and southern Michigan. Experts from Purdue University and Michigan State University will be speaking.
Topics of the grower meeting include:
- Update on current research in greenhouse and high tunnels – what is new and emerging for 2019?
- How to use greenhouse lighting to improve quality and reduce production time
- High tunnel irrigation and fertility management considerations
- Disease and disorders from seed to transplant
- Insect pest control & how effective are predators
- Driftwatch update
Visitors will also be able to speak to local vendors at a trade show.
Registration fee is $30 per person, however additional attendees from the same operation may attend for $15/person. Registration deadline is Feb. 26. After Feb. 26, a $5 late fee per person will be assessed. Access a program flyer with registration form at: www.extension.purdue.edu/whitley. Contact Purdue Extension in Marshall, Elkhart, LaGrange, Kosciusko, Noble, or Whitley Counties for more information.
This meeting is also featured as a private applicator recertification program, counting as one of the three required meetings for recertification of private applicator licenses. Credit for PARP will be an additional $10.
— John E. Woodmansee, Purdue Extension Educator, Agriculture/Natural Resources