SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois Pork Producers Association and University of Illinois Extension are teaming up to offer a training opportunity for advisors needing re-certification in Pork Quality Assurance Plus® (PQA Plus®) Version 4.0 or for those needing first time advisor certification.
The PQA Plus® Advisor training sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. and conclude by 3 p.m. Cost is $20 per person and includes lunch and all training materials. Please register at ilpork.com well in advance.
Three trainings are scheduled:
- June 20, 2019 – The Maschhoffs, 7475 St. Rt. 127, Carlyle, IL
- July 11, 2019 – Carthage Vet Office, 303 N 2nd St., Carthage, IL
- July 25, 2019 – IL Dept. of Agriculture, 801 E Sangamon Ave., Springfield, IL
Advisors seeking re-certification need only submit registration materials. New advisors must apply. Acceptance into the program requires that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Be a veterinarian, extension specialist or ag educator (defined for this program as a person who spends full time in adult education or at least half time in production training) AND
- Have a D.V.M. or B.S. in animal science or an equivalent combination of education and swine production experience as determined by the PQA Plus trainer reviewing the application AND
- Have two years of recent documentable swine production experience.
Applicants can find the application at ilpork.com. Registration fee can be paid the day of the training. Space may be limited so register early if possible.
For questions regarding qualification and the training program, email Dr. Rob Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-244-5177.
— Illinois Pork Producers Association
For more articles out of Illinois, click here.