DES MOINES, Iowa — The Pork Checkoff has an exciting lineup of Checkoff-sponsored events scheduled for World Pork Expo, June 6-8, 2018, at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines. World Pork Expo attendees can stop by the Varied Industries Building (booth No. 122) or the Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent to learn more about Checkoff programs and initiatives.
Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent (north of the Varied Industries Building)
- Breakfast will be offered beginning at 7:30 a.m. while supplies last. Stop by for snacks daily.
- Live morning radio program including markets, weather and interviews with industry leaders.
- Enjoy a free business luncheon Wednesday and Thursday at noon. Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University, will present a weather outlook, and Steve Meyer and Joe Kerns, Kerns & Associates, will present market and grain outlooks.
Pork Checkoff Booth (No. 122 in the Varied Industries Building)
- Have questions about Checkoff-funded education, research and promotion activities? Stop by to learn about Checkoff programs and initiatives and pick up new resources.
- Learn how you can better incorporate We Care into your farm and what Secure Pork Supply means for your farm.
The PORK Academy, sponsored by the Pork Checkoff, will offer educational seminars for producers on the latest trends in pork production. For a list of the sessions and topics covered, visit www.pork.org/wpx.
Also, producers will have the opportunity to become certified in PQA Plus® program at sessions held in conjunction with World Pork Expo.
As in years past, the Pork Checkoff will provide dinner on Tuesday and lunch on Thursday and Friday for junior swine exhibitors and their families. The Pork Checkoff also will sponsor activities at the World Pork Expo Junior National Hog Show. For details, visit National Junior Swine Association and Team Purebred.
–National Pork Board
For more articles concerning the pork industry, click here.