WARSAW, N.Y. — Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County is offering a pesticide applicator training session and recertification course on Thursday, April 4 from 8:15 AM to 12:15 PM at the Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center. This session is geared for individuals planning to take the Core and Category Pesticide Certification Exam specific to the focus of their work. If applying for Core Recertification credits, you must bring your Pesticide Certification ID card with you. This session will carry 3.50 Core Re-Certification Credits. This course is open to those seeking Private or Commercial Category Pesticide Applicator Certification.
Pesticide Applicator Training and Credit Course
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Core Training 8:15 am -12:15 pm
DEC Examination begins at 1:00 p.m.
Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center
36 Center St, Warsaw, NY 14569
Individual Responsibilities with Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Please pre-register with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County for the training session only,by calling Don Gasiewicz at 585-786-2251 x113 or emailing him at email@example.com. There is a $20 fee for extension enrollees and a $30 fee for non-enrollees. Any questions regarding the certification class can be directed to Don as well.
- You need to purchase the required training manual(s) from the CCE office. Manuals for all categories must be ordered through CCE or the Cornell Store. Once you know which manual(s) you need, contact Don to purchase and/or order. Questions regarding which manual(s) you may need to order, must be directed the NYSDEC at 716-851-7220.
Individual Responsibilities with New York State DEC
- DEC Pesticides Test.The pesticide exam is conducted by the DEC and is held at the Wyoming County Agriculture and Business Center on Thursday, April 4th. at 1:00PM for your convenience.
- NYSDEC requires advance registration to be eligible to take the certification exam.If you are planning to take the exam, you must first call the NYSDEC Pesticide Division at 716-851-7220 to discuss eligibility.
- If you are eligible, DEC will send you an exam packet, which you must fill out and return to them with your examination fee of $100. You must be pre-registered with DEC to take the exam. No walk-ins will be allowed. All questions regarding your certification should be directed to the DEC.
*Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by calling CCE Wyoming at (585) 786-2251 no later than ten days prior to the event to ensure sufficient time to make arrangements. Requests after this date will be met when possible.
–Cornell University Cooperative Extension of Wyoming County
For more articles out of New York, click here.