WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) today announced the appointment of three producers and three industry representatives to serve on the Peanut Standards Board.
The following appointees will serve three-year terms beginning immediately and ending June 30, 2022:
Southeast Region (Alabama, Georgia and Florida)
- Michael H. Davis, Graceville, Fla. (Producer)
- John T. Gray III, Williston Peanut Co., Williston, Fla. (Industry representative)
Southwest Region (Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico)
- Gregory G. Hughes, Seminole, Texas (Producer)
- Jonathan M. LeFevre, J.M. Smuckers Co. LLC, Fort Worth, Texas (Industry representative)
- Richard H. Rentz Jr., Branchville, S.C. (Producer)
- Dr. Darlene Cowart, Birdsong Peanuts, Suffolk, Va. (Industry representative)
The 18-member board was authorized under the Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002. One-third of the board members are appointed each year. More information about the board and USDA’s partnership with the peanut industry is available on the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) Peanut Standards Board page or by contacting the AMS Marketing Order and Agreement Division at (863) 324-3375.
For more articles concerning the peanut industry, click here.