HARRISBURG, Pa. — Pennsylvania Farm Link creates new opportunities for current farmers and beginning farmers alike.
- Seeking a way to transition your farm to the next generation, scale back or transition your business to pursue other adventures?
- Want to begin farming either through leasing or purchasing land?
- Farm Link can help you achieve all the above! We are Pennsylvania’s most experienced non-profit dedicated solely to linking farmers to the future.
And Here’s How . . .
- PFL maintains a land linking database matching landowners with prospective entering farmers.
- Database members find each other via this online database available 24/7.
- While the public can search the database, no contact information is listed – protecting the privacy of database members.
- With a one-time $100 application fee, your listing stays active until you find a match.
Compared with one week or one-month fees for placing a classified ad in newspapers ($75 a month-newspaper or $78 for one week for print and online newspaper).
- New database members are highlighted via:
• PFL Facebook page
• Monthly e-newsletters
• Promotional handouts distributed at agricultural events throughout PA
How Farmers and Beginning Farmers are Linked:
- Beginning farmers locate a farm for sale or lease on the database matching their farming goals.
• PFL requires a resume and cover letter which is forwarded to the landowner.
• Landowner reviews the information. If interested, he/she contacts the beginning farmer directly to discuss his/her farming opportunity.
- Landowner locates an entering Farmer that may fit his/her farming opportunity.
• PFL requests details of the farming operation and forwards information to the Entering Farmer.
• If interested the Entering Farmer would contact the landowner directly.
- Please note that due to PA Farm Link privacy policies neither contact details or locations of listings can be provided to inquiring parties. Database members will contact interested parties directly after reviewing resumes and cover letters or farm details.
Ready to Apply?
- Go to www.pafarmlink.org and click on RESOURCES at the top of the page.
- Complete the application and submit the application fee.
PA Farm Link, 2301 North Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110 717-705-2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
–PA Farm Link