HARRISBURG, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association, one of the state’s leading advocates for dairy farmers, is thrilled to welcome back milkshake fans from across the country to the 2022 PA Farm Show from January 8-15, 2022 with a brand new, delicious and creamy Black Raspberry flavored milkshake that’s sure to elicit plenty of #MilkshakeSmiles.
Black Raspberry will be featured and added to those legen-DAIRY milkshake flavors, vanilla, chocolate and a mix – some of the food court’s most popular items. The Food Court Opening will occur on January 7 at Noon when fans can enjoy the new Black Raspberry delights.
In addition, the Dairymen will offer:
- Delicious golden-fried Mozzarella Cheese Cubes served with Marinara,
- Scrumptious Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Grilled Cheese Stix with a side of Marinara,
- Ice Cream and Ice Cream Sundaes, and
- Fresh, locally produced PA White and Chocolate Milk.
The sale of these sought-after PA Farm Show dairy treats allows the PA Dairymen’s to support year-round philanthropic efforts. Over the past four years, they have donated more than $1.4 million to programs including The Calving Corner; agricultural and educational projects; initiatives and scholarships; the Fill A Glass with Hope® fresh milk campaign for neighbors in need; the Choose PA Dairy consumer education and awareness campaign; the PA Farm Bureau Mobile Ag Education Lab that travels to schools; the PA Dairy Princess and Promotion Program and more!
In addition, “MILKSHAKES ON THE MOO-VE” Pop Up Events in December will offer the new limited-edition Black Raspberry milkshakes in celebration of the PA Farm Show and Pennsylvania’s dedicated farmers at these locations while supplies last:
- Friday, December 17, 11am-5pm at Karns Foods, 1023 State St, Lemoyne
- Wednesday, December 22, 11am-5pm at Kennie’s MarketPlace, 3463 Biglerville Rd, Biglerville
- Monday, December 27, 11am-5pm at Karns Foods, 6001 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg
- Thursday, December 30, 11am-5pm at Kennie’s MarketPlace, 217 W Middle St, Gettysburg
Any future locations planned will be posted at www.PADairymens.com and on PA Dairymen’s Facebook page. COWABUNGA ice cream is also now available in vanilla or chocolate at Karns Foods while supplies last.
OTHER 2022 PA DAIRY-RELATED FARM SHOW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- “Military Appreciation Day Thank You” on Thursday, January 13! The PA Dairymen’s Association will offer a FREE milkshake to active military or veterans with proper ID on this day to honor them.
- Calving Corner 2022 is returning with interactive, educational dairy learning stations and games. This crowd favorite is going to be a full #DestinationDairyPA showcase complete with live births, adorable calves and cows, dairy farm families and a special partnership with The Whitaker Center to offer fun STEM activities for students and more! Students and families can participate in STEM activities in person at the Calving Corner on January 10th and 12th or join in virtually on the Calving Corner YouTube Channel. Follow the Calving Corner Facebook page for more details closer to the event.
- Also located in the Northeast Hall is Destination Dairy Educational Learning Space. Come meet Dairy Princesses from across Pennsylvania and check out new interactive displays as you learn more about milk, its journey from farm to table, the nutrition it provides and how it fuels and refuels the body for healthy growth and development. PA Dairy Royalty and PA Dairy Princesses will join #DestinationDairyPA and will lead children and families in fun, entertaining activities from The Calving Corner!
- Friday, January 7, 11:00 a.m. – A Celebrity Milkshake Celebration & A Fill A Glass with Hope® Media Event will help kick off this year’s 2022 fresh milk campaign to feed the hungry with the PA Dairymen’s Association, American Dairy Association North East, Feeding Pennsylvania, supporters, farmers, PA Dairy Royalty, food bank representatives, business leaders and others!
PA Dairymen’s Executive Director Dave Smith says, “2022 will be an extra special time for all of us after missing an in-person Farm Show during the pandemic. To celebrate, we are ecstatic to offer a brand new delicious black raspberry flavored milkshake to welcome back our loyal milkshake fans. We are proud to introduce this new flavor plus offer all of our other popular dairy delicious foods and beverages.”
Smith added, “Our dairy farmers always enjoy welcoming everyone to an inside glimpse of the farm through witnessing live births and interactive activities at The Calving Corner that showcase our Commonwealth’s world-class dairy industry. Once again, we will honor our brave veterans, and kick off all of our philanthropic efforts, such as pouring fresh milk to food banks across the state to nourish hungry neighbors in need.”
- Milk is the official beverage of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania is home to more than 5,430 dairy farm families.
- Dairy contributes to $12.6 billion in annual revenue for Pennsylvania.
- PA ranks 2nd in the nation for the number of dairy farms and 7th in total milk production nationally.
- One 8-ounce serving of whole milk delivers 13 essential nutrients including 8 grams of protein.
- According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, individuals ages 9 and older should consume three servings of milk, cheese or yogurt each day; those ages 4-8 should consume 2½ cups per day.
- Every one cow supports $24,000 in annual economic revenue in Pa.
- Every 10 cows support one job in the state.
About Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association: The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association is the oldest dairy group in Pennsylvania. The Dairymen’s Milkshake is the top-selling food item at the Food Court. The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association has been supporting “Fill a Glass with Hope®” with agriculture partners, Feeding PA, American Dairy Association North East, corporate partners and food banks since 2015. Over the past four years, the PA Dairymen have donated more than $1.4 million to programs including The Calving Corner; agricultural and educational projects; initiatives and scholarships; the Fill A Glass with Hope® fresh milk campaign for neighbors in need; the Choose PA Dairy consumer education and awareness campaign; the PA Farm Bureau Mobile Ag Education Lab that travels to schools; and the PA Dairy Princess and Promotion Program. Their philanthropic efforts build a brighter future for all Pennsylvanians. For more information, visit www.padairymens.com.
Stay updated at Home, on Social and In-person for exciting Calving Corner news!
The Calving Corner will be live-streaming during PA Farm Show hours on the Calving Corner YouTube channel. Calving Corner will “go live” on social media pages as opportunities arise. To stay in the know, follow Calving Corner on Facebook and sign up for Calving Corner text message alerts – simply text calvingcorner to 833-985-1823. More information at www.thecalvingcorner.org.
–Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association