BARABOO, Wis. — The Wisconsin Holstein Association is seeking an energetic, outgoing and self-motivated professional to join our team as the Director of Sales and Membership. The ideal candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, is determined and quality focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and has the ability to multi-task. A background in sales and/or fundraising is desired.
Qualified candidates will be expected to assume these responsibilities:
- Maintain and update membership database to ensure accurate information is entered in a timely matter and complete necessary reports as needed.
- Identify and develop membership recruitment and retention collateral materials.
- Assist WHA staff in efforts to expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and identify new ones.
- Lead all sponsorship efforts and educational programming through the Wisconsin Holstein Foundation, Inc.
- Assist in event planning of conventions, shows and meetings, all of which may involve travel and attendance at after-hours functions in order to assist the staff for set-up and tear down at events.
- Identify guest speakers, arrange for appearances, and assist with exhibits in order to build awareness and enhance the brand of Wisconsin Holsteins.
- Identify sales prospects for each issue of the Wisconsin Holstein Newsand solicit ads through various methods, including but not limited to email, phone sales, personal contact at events and farm visits.
- Work with Executive Show Committee in order to coordinate sponsorship efforts to include maintaining current sponsor relationships and assist in recruiting new sponsors.
- Travel and attendance at events, some after hours, will be required in order to promote the Association and build strong relationships with members and partners.
The Director of Sales and Membership should have a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people while managing WHA membership and fundraising duties. Dairy industry experience is preferred.
Submit resume with qualifications, references, and salary requirements by August 31, 2019 to email@example.com or mail to: 902 8th Avenue, Baraboo, WI 53913. For a complete job description, visit the WHA website at wisholsteins.com or call the office at 1-800-223-4269.
About the Organization
Wisconsin Holstein Association is a not-for-profit membership organization with the purpose of promoting the Wisconsin Registered Holstein breed, its breeders and owners. Established in 1890, it has grown its junior and adult membership to become the second largest state Holstein association in the nation. For more information, visit the WHA website at www.wisholsteins.com
— Wisconsin Holstein Association
For more news from Wisconsin, click here.