ATHENS, Pa. — With open enrollment right around the corner, healthcare is probably already on your mind. Now is the right time to consider why offering health insurance to your employees is a good idea. Here are a few reasons:
- Stable & motivated workforce: Offering health insurance benefits to your team can help ensure a stable and motivated workforce and lower turnover rates. By investing in your employees and offering health insurance, you are showing them that you have their best interests in mind and value their job performance. This can help you to build a tight knit team that will stay for years.
- Improve productivity: Productivity improvements have been seen when employees have health coverage. When they are covered, employees are more likely to go for preventive services or see a doctor when sick. Health insurance coverage allows your employees to be healthier, return to work quicker, and stay on the job.
- Attract good employees: As the labor market gets more competitive, it can be difficult to attract and keep good employees. Employees see value in health insurance benefits and it gives them a reason to choose you instead of a competitor.
- Improve morale: Health insurance benefits can increase morale throughout your staff and generate a positive culture. When employees feel valued, they are more likely to have a good attitude and be more positive at work.
- Tax benefits: There is also a potential tax benefit to offering health insurance; you may be able to deduct your health plan contributions. This is not always the case and we recommend that you speak with a financial or legal advisor before taking advantage of this possible tax benefit.
Offering health insurance benefits to your team is a great way to attract qualified, skilled workers, decrease turnover rates, and increase morale and productivity. There are many options and factors to consider that could make the process seem overwhelming and confusing. Agri-Services Agency has been providing health insurance to farms and agribusinesses for over 50 years. One of our team members can help guide you through the complexities of health insurance. We’ll design a plan that meets your needs and your budget.
If you’re already offering health insurance, we can help make sure you’re covered correctly and if your business has changed recently, a review of your plan is a really good idea. Give us a call today at 1-877-466-9089 or visit our website at agri-servicesagency.com for more information on what we can offer. You can also click here to fill out a form and request additional information. We look forward to hearing from you!